A note from Learning Strategies Development
- Give yourself permission to make mistakes. All human beings make them.
- Be willing to try something new, to fail, to correct your errors, to fail again, and, above all else, to keep trying.
BE OPEN TO DISCOVERY!
- Observe your actions and reactions.
- Listen to your inner voice.
- Pay attention to what works and doesn’t work.
- Reflect on past failures and use them as learning experiences.
- Above all else, be open to CHANGE.
BE AN ACTIVE LEARNER!
- Successful learners are active learners. They prepare for learning and participate in the process.
- Ask questions.
- Learn actively: develop mind maps, use flash cards, read your text aloud while pacing, recite, write in your text.
- The key to effective learning is ACTIVE LEARNING!
Adapted from Sowing the Seeds of Success, A Learning Activities Handbook, compiled and edited by Suzanne Skinner and Carolyn DeLecour.