by Merry Guo, PLA team leader
1) Only Hermione reads “Hogwarts, A History”. Unless you are a Granger, study the material that will be emphasized on the exam. Leave extra readings on the lower end of your priorities, to be sure to cover all the bases first.
2) Severus Snape doesn’t wash his hair when he goes to class. This doesn’t mean that’s okay. During exams, don’t let yourself go: stick to a regular sleeping, eating, and hygiene routine. This keeps up morale, and maintains a strong and healthy immune system.
3) You can’t apparate and disapparate on school grounds. Duh! But it took around 2 books for this to sink in. Eventually it became instinctive, what with Hermione constantly reminding us! The best way to learn something is to be reminded of it several times. Review review review, recite, recite, recite. Repetition is key to learning new information.
4) You’ve got to admit, Dumbledore’s got style. So do each of your professors. Look at past exams and ask around to figure out what kind of questions will be on the exams and what is required of you. Some professors test students to see if they’ve understood the material, some test you purely on your recall, some test to see if you’ve done the assigned problems, etc. Study accordingly!
5) Chocolate will help you feel better after all the happiness has been sucked out of you. After that exam, have a bite of sweet goodness, relax, and don’t re-hash what just happened. Move on!